Friday, April 1, 2011

It's Chocolate Day! (Wait! Isn't It Every Day?)

I wanted to do a day with three of some of my all-time favorite chocolate recipes.  I know chocolate makes me happy.  When I eat it, it's like sharing time with a friend.  And I know I can say with total confidence, it makes most every creature on the planet happy too.  It's CHOCOLATE!!  Pick your poison.  Cookies?  Candy?  Cake?  Yes. Yes. Yes.  Hot Cocoa?  Ice Cream?  Truffles?  Of course - YES!  To all of the above and more.  Think of the involuntary reaction most of us have to chocolate.  Closed eyes. Weak knees.  Slight moaning.  Ummm, I guess it's like sharing time with more than a friend.

But when something is that universally wonderful, let's smile and find a way to get our hands on some soon.  In the movie Chocolat, candy shop owner Vianne knew that everyone loved chocolate and that each of us has an irresistible favorite way to eat it.  She also knew that eating and enjoying chocolate brings people together, while avoiding it tears us apart.  You can't argue with that kind of great logic.  Idle hands are the devil's keeper.  Get in the kitchen and make something with chocolate.  Have friends over.  Share.  You never know...you will have maybe saved a couple of relationships and prevented some real disasters.  That's power, my friend.  That's what chocolate can do.

Oh, and this will definitely not be the last of my chocolate posts and chocolate recipes.  Hardly. This is just the beginning.  I didn't just discover the stuff last week, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment