Thursday, April 7, 2011

Alternate to the Friday Fish Fry

I'd love for you to try something different in lieu of the fish fry you might be headed for tomorrow.  If you've got some time today to do a little shopping and some time to put it together tomorrow, this is a fun switch.  I made these Crispy Shrimp and Scallop Burgers several years ago when I was working in Jamaica.  They have some nice spicy heat, which you can adjust to your own taste as much as you like.  They're packed with flavors and fried til they're crispy brown.  The nice cool Tartar Sauce recipe tops them off perfectly.  And I always serve these with coleslaw.  Here's a recipe for a Spicy Garden Slaw that is all about the crunch.  And it's pretty tasty.  I also included a recipe for Strawberry Lemonade to go with the meal.  Sooo refreshing and the whole family can enjoy.  If you notice, there's no mention of french fries.  Have I lost my marbles?  Hardly!  I say go get yourself a bag of your favorite kind of chips and serve those!  Hey,  you've put quite a bit of work into those burgers and slaw.  Take it easy on yourself when you can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment